|Truvada and lypodistrophy
Dec 4, 2004
After a risky encounter, where condom broke, my doctor and I decided I shoudl do PEP. He put me on PEP for 30 days. This is day2 , and after reading the side effects, I felt tired and some lower leg muscle weakness. Can lipodystrophy start from a mere 30-day usage of PEP on Truvada. Please let me know. I am worried enough about the enounter I had and now I am even more scared of the effects this medicine might have on my body.
Response from Dr. Henry
That seems very unlikely though feelings of malaise and weakness (non-specific) are fairly common . KH
Skin problems: HIV or stress?
My tooth !!!
- Cut Under Nail And Fingering Hiv
- Where Does Gonorrhea Come From?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Kind Of Doctor Treats Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Razor Burn And Herpes On The Vagina?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.