Son diagnosed with JC virus

Dr. Henry, I wrote you about my son who had cryto and taking lots of meds and went to the emergency room 2x the week of Thanksgiving. We found out his MRI wasnt good and he now has been dignosed with JC virus. His Dr. has start a steriod therapy in hopes this will get him through the swelling and his meds cant fightor help his body fight the virus. Can you enlighten me on any information with this virus? Thank you.

JC virus can cause a very serious brain infection called progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML for short). The prognosis is poor for most patients unless the immune system can be improved by effective HIV therapy (I am caring for some 8+ year survivors of PML). Therapy for PML per se (targeting the JC virus) with cidovir is toxic and difficult (same for interferon therapy). KH

Can't get up in the morning
Skin problems: HIV or stress?