High Fever and Pancreatitus

I was recently hospitalized with Pancreatitus. I have been having fevers between 100 and 103 for a few weeks when a Lipase test was done and my Lipase level was 500 which lead to my doctor putting me in the hospital.

For 2 1/2 days I had nothing but the saline solution then went on a liquid diet. I was released and feel better except I am still having the fevers.

My doctor is puzzled as they have run all kinds of tests and can only conclude the fevrs are from the Pancreatitus. I do not drink so it did not come from alcohol and my doctor thinks it may be from kaletra.

Any clue as to why I am still having high fevers?

In the setting of pancreatitis and fever one would worry about a pancreatic abscess or pseudocyst (diagnosed with a CT scan or ultrasound) would be one consideration. If antibiotics are being used then fevers can be due to drugs as well as other infections/conditions including hospital acquired infections. KH

stagnant T cells
G/I SWALLOWING