Stools. How pale is too pale?

Hi... I'm on week 7 of Sustiva/Truvada and have noticed occasional (3-4 per week) somewhat pale-colored stools. I would describe them as a light golden brown. Is this an indication of any liver dysfunction and cause for concern or just a minor natural fluctuation in digestion? I feel fine otherwise. What color (if you can tap into your interior design databanks..) is cause for concern?

Mild stool abnormalities are common with many of the HIV regimens including the one you have started. If the change in stool color is related to liver problems from you medications that should be easily picked up with routine safety blood tests that are generally done in the first months after starting HIV meds. If those show no change in liver enzyme levels or bilirubin (sometimes a test for pancreatitis is done as well) then the change in stool color is likely a clinically non-significant variation perhaps due to a change in bowel transit time or function due to the introduction of HIV meds. KH

truvada, reyataz and heart meds
Lipodystrophy after stopping Meds