lipodistroph and drugs

Dr: I'm taking Abacavir+Efavirenz+3tc for 2 years and now my lipodistroph is increasing ( my cd4 is about 650 and viral load is undetectable. May I change the drugs? What regiment is the best in case of lipodistroph? The cause could be the drugs regiment I'm using? Thank you

There are no easy answers to your good questions. Gaining fat is common in the general population as well as treated HIV+ patients. Exercise, diet, and hormone evaluation can be helpful. Fat loss (lipoatrophy) is even more problematic. There is little data whether regarding switching off your current regimen to any other combination would improve the situation. Your HIV doc is the best person to evaluate the fat loss/fat gain status in your situation and then decide if any current treatment can be recommended. We need more basic understanding of fat metabolism--the subject is a hot area for research so hopefully more knowledge will lead to better therapy otions. KH

WHAT HAPPENING TO MY TOOTH???
truvada, reyataz and heart meds