Kaletra-facial wasting and lypodistrophy

A year ago, my dr. stopped Zerit because I started facial wasting, and switched me to Viread. Even though it didn't reverse completely, it did get better. This summer I became resistant to Sustiva, and was put on Kaletra (June). Now the facial wasting is back, plus I'm storing fat in my gut. I go to the gym, eat right, take dance class, and try to get plenty of sleep. Yet the gut continues to grow. Any suggestions? Trainers at the gym have suggested a couple of supplements (one of them is lecithin (sp)) to help the liver process fat, but I'm afraid to try them and have adverse reactions.

Response from Dr. Conway

I would continue all of what you are doing, making sure that the exercise that you do includes both cardio and weight training (with the dancing, it sounds like it does anyway). As for your medications, there are some data to suggest that swiching the Kaletra to Reyataz might help, but only if this can be done without compromising the efficacy of your regimen. You should talk to your doctor about this.

ARV Meds
how long do you live for?