Lipodystrophy with high Cholesterol/ Triglycerides

I have been taking Combivir/Viramune for 5 years now. I have very high Cholesterol/ Triglycerides along with excessive fat around my waist/chest. Can the antivirals be causing the above problems? My VL is <400 and T-cells are 320. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Conway

I wish we knew everything there is to know about these conditions. It may be that this would be happening wihtout you being on treatment of any kind. If we do attirbute it to one of the drugs you are on, the likeliest "culprit" would be the zidovudine component of the Combivir. As an example, switching from Combivir to Truvada might be an easy way of testing whether this is true, without significant risk to you, as long as you have not been on the Viread part of the Truvada before, and stopped because it gave you problems.

Talk to your doctor about this.

My search of a "Cure" (LOL)
Thank You Dr. Conway and The Body