Second pregnancy worries

i have been hiv postive for around 8 years now. i currently have one child who is not hiv postive and just recently found out that i am about 2 and half weeks three weeks pregnant. i was taking sustiva when i found out that i was pregnant and my doctor switched me to viramune. Due to the research that i have done i have read that sustiva causes birth defects, since we found out early in my pregnancy and we switched my medication would my baby have a chance of being born with out any sort of birth defects?

There is some concern about efavirenz related birth defects but the risk overall is quite low. I have had several patients and I am aware of many others who become pregnant while on Sustiva and the baby turned out fine. Immediately switching off Sustiva and continuing good HIV and pre-natal care is the recommended approach. The particular concern about Sustiva related to some pregnant monkey studies done while the drug was being developed. Good luck-odds are good that things will turn out OK. KH

Mash on uper chest and Neck
Neuropathy leads to...?