The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help with locating a Doctor
Nov 17, 2004

I am experiencing facial wasting and would like to be treated with Sculpta. However, I can not afford the cost. Three questions: Is Nu-fill exactly the same stuff as Sculpta? 2) How can I find Doctors outside the U.S. (preferably in Canada) who are using Nu-Fill (as I assume the cost will be much lower)? Do you have any recommendations?

Response from Dr. Conway

All of these things have about the same success rates in the right hands. The key here is to find a doctor who has done it many times with good long term results. This is a very legitimate question to ask a doctor who you are asking to perform an expensive and complex procedure on you. Ask for "before and after" pictures, focusing on people who have a problem similar to yours.

As for a doctor in Canada, the best way to find one might be to go through the AIDS Service Organizations, such as BCPWA here in Vancouver.

Adding Virocept to an ongoing PEP treatment Y/N?
To Dr Brian

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint