TO DR. BRIAN

Dear Dr:

Thanks for your quick reply. I asked you how to deal with the lipo and you wrote that I can switch the Stocrin to Atazanvir ... I am not so aure if I have resistance for this drug, but since I am thinking of getting pregnant this year(I got married 2 month ago) my doctor said he will switch the Stocrin to Viramune. Can this also can help me with the lipo? What do you know about it? Also, I am thinking of suction surgery after giving birth from my stomach and maybe from my arms, is it possible agter this surgery the fat will start be accumulated in my legs and buttocks? thanks in advance for your quick reply.

Response from Dr. Conway

As far as the switch to Viramune goes, you need to be a bit careful of the risk of liver toxicity if your CD4 count is above 250. If it is, you should still consider getting off the Stocrin and going on Viracept instead, as it is safe in pregnancy and is not associated with liver problems. If your CD4 is below 250, both Viramune and Viracept are good choices. There are reports of congenital abnormalities with Stocrin, so it is not a good idea in pregnancy.

As for the plasric surgery, it is not sure if it will work. If you are considering this, make sure you go to someone who has done it many times before and who can show you pictures of their long term results with the surgery they are planning to do.

And congratulations on your marriage....

PML in HIV
INTERACTIONS BETWEEN BETAHISTINE AND ANTIRETROVIRALS.