Bloating and feeling full...

Dear Dr. Henry,

I am on my 5th week of therapy with Combivir and sustiva, some of the side effects like rashes, insomia and feeling of exhaustion have subsided, but my only concern now is the bloating, gas and feeling full all the time. Which of these medicine that I am taking that resulted to Bloating and fullness? Is it the sustiva or combivir? Is there any ways I can do or take to combat the feeling to bloating and fullness, and sometimes I felt like I am going to vomit. I am taking gas x but it doesn't really relieve the bloating. Please tell me waht to do. I can stand taking all these medicine and i am very religious with it, but the bloating I can't stand and is worrying me. Is it going to disappear as well like other side effects like i first started the meds? Or will it going to be like this for the rest of my therapy?

thanks!

Thoses complaints are very common. The AZT component of Combivir most commonly causes stomach complaints though the other meds could also cause/aggravate. Many other HIV drugs could have even worse GI complaints though some less. Often it is a trial and error process though for most the GI complaints can diminish over time. If not then a switch to a perhaps more GI friendly regimen might be considered. KH

Does nueropathy lead to paralysis?
PML in HIV