PEP and Lipodystrophie

Hi, I have a question about PEP and Lipodystrophy. I had a PEP in sept 2003. For 10 days I took two different products, then for three weeks only one (it was considered very strong and had three substances, I don't remember the names). After the PEP I turned out to be negative and didn't notice anything new or strange on my body. Now, one year later, I observed, comparing my photos from about two years ago and also with my clothes, that my face has become thinner and my belly and hips are bigger (arms and legs are the same). Is it possible that the PEP has a long term side effect, in this case Lipodystrophy? Might the PEP have changed my organism forever? Or is it just a normal process for a woman of 42 that face gets thinner and belly and hips bigger? Thank you for answering!

Although is is theoretically possible that use of HIV drugs could cause your problem, it seems very unlikely. I haven't seen anything like you describe though a few persons could perhaps be (through genetics) to be very susceptbile to the mitochondrial effects of nucleosides but again I would consider another explanation. KH

Half an hour between food and kaletra
alternate medicines