Half an hour between food and kaletra

I take Kaletra and Trizivir. I've started taking them about half an hour after eating as I feel less bloated than if I take them immediately after the meal. I've been thinking that my stomach would still have food in it so it shouldn't affect absorption. Is this correct or is it important I take the meds at the same time as I am eating? How soon after eating do you have to take Kaletra?

Response from Dr. Conway

This should not be a problem at all. Although it is true that the absorption of Kaletra is a bit better with food, the margin of safety (or therapeutic index) with Kaletra is so high under most circumstances that you have a lot of flexibility regarding when you take the drug. It turns out that unless you have virus that already has some degree of resistance to protease inhibitors, you can take the Kaletra once a day.

It is much more importatnt that you take the Kaletra regularly in a way that you can tolerate it well rather than worrying about taking it exactly with food.

Good luck...

Fifth's disease and HIV
PEP and Lipodystrophie