Insulin resistance

I had been trying to get into the trial for Serostim to possibly lose my HIV mid section girth but was too late. I was asked as an alternative if my doctor had done an Insulin resistace test. What is the relationship?

If there is evidence of insuling resistance then some data suggests that use of a diabetes drug MAY be helpful (data is conflicting but I have had a few patients where that seemed to help). Exercise, diet, optimal hormone status and switching HIV meds around (if that is an option) can also help some patients. KH

I am having severe side effects and stopped my meds
Gay and Lesbian Ostomates