Drug holiday ?
Nov 7, 2004
Next year I will be facing two operations on my jaw. The lower jaw will be banded closed for a week during which only liquid nutrition is allowed. Do I opt for a drug holiday or go for liquid or crushed pills? T-cells are 504 and viral load has been below 200 for 3years. I'm on Kaletra, Hivid, Videx-EC,tenofovir, testosterone, acyclovir and a prescription vitamin. I tried other combos but got very ill. Thanks.
Response from Dr. Conway
At that CD4 count, it is relatively safe to go off all of your medications for a number of weeks, and perhaps months. Your nadir CD4 count (i.e. the lowest it has ever been) is important to know here, as your count now is likely to go down to that level, given enough time. The lower that number is, the more closely you will have to watch your CD4 count as you go off therapy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Herpes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.