Drug holiday ?

Next year I will be facing two operations on my jaw. The lower jaw will be banded closed for a week during which only liquid nutrition is allowed. Do I opt for a drug holiday or go for liquid or crushed pills? T-cells are 504 and viral load has been below 200 for 3years. I'm on Kaletra, Hivid, Videx-EC,tenofovir, testosterone, acyclovir and a prescription vitamin. I tried other combos but got very ill. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Conway

At that CD4 count, it is relatively safe to go off all of your medications for a number of weeks, and perhaps months. Your nadir CD4 count (i.e. the lowest it has ever been) is important to know here, as your count now is likely to go down to that level, given enough time. The lower that number is, the more closely you will have to watch your CD4 count as you go off therapy.

low hemgoblin
politics aside