LIPO

i have been off medication for 2and half years my I was on crixivan zerit and epivir for four years. I found I was + in a health insurance test that I was applying in my new job. i began early treatment to avoid any kind of sickness, after 4 years on treatment the only sickness that i got was lipodistrophy and lipoatrophy. thats all so i quit medication 2 years ago, never been sick, but my buffallo hump and the missing fat has not change a bit. my dr. said it was a consequence of the meds and dont know when everything should go back to normal parameters. WHAT SHOULD I DO TO GET RID OF THIS HUMP AND RECOVER THE FAT IN ARMS AND LEGS?

That is not easy. Exercise and diet can help some patients. Testosterone is being evaluated to perhaps decrease fat in the setting of increased fat on HIV drugs when men are found to low to low normal testosterone levels. Increasing fat where lost is an even greater challenge particularly if the fat cells in the area have died. There is no clear easy answer but the topic is getting lots of attention so hopefully there will be some better treatment options in the future. Use of anti-oxidants or uridine are also under evaluation in the research setting. When you are off treatment with the problem persisting it very frustrating since nothing further can be stopped or switched. KH

Cold Sores w/HIV and Valtres
manual lymph drainage