Cold Sores w/HIV and Valtres
Oct 28, 2004
Is there a propensity to get cold sores more often with HIV+? Can Valtrex be taken to prevent cold sore development if HIV+?
Response from Dr. Henry
Cold sores due to herpes simplex are frequently more recurrent in HIV+persons and can be suppressed with medications such as Valtrex, Famvir, or Zovirax. It is recommended to get a culture to confirm the presence of herpes or to have a clinician confirm it. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Drinking After Someone Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Open Mouth Kissing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rash After Rubbing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.