Tingle in feet and hands
Oct 28, 2004
I have been on HAART for 6 months now and lately notice a slight tingle in my feet as well as in my hands. Is this a side effect and if so what can be done about it?
Response from Dr. Henry
That could be early neuropathy though it usually occurs first in the feet before the hands in most cases. If you are on one of the "D" drugs it is more likely (D4T, ddI, ddC) but can be seen with 3TC for example and perhaps with protease inhibitors. A careful neurologic evaluation by your HIV doc can often help determine if HIV or drug neuropathy starting. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Sore On Tongue An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Bloody Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Touching Skin Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.