Oct 28, 2004
Currently on combivir and viramune, with undetectable viral load but cd4 stuck at about 250. I have developed white patches on my skin which the doctors think may be Bear's spots. My doctor suggests changing to emtriva and amprenavir. What are the pros and cons of doing this?
Response from Dr. Henry
I have no experience whethere that switch would improve your white patches (sometimes that is tinea versicolor or veriligo). I often get help from a dermatologist (skin specialist) to sort out the options and the likely causes. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Look Like An Std?
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.