Oct 28, 2004
Currently on combivir and viramune, with undetectable viral load but cd4 stuck at about 250. I have developed white patches on my skin which the doctors think may be Bear's spots. My doctor suggests changing to emtriva and amprenavir. What are the pros and cons of doing this?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have no experience whethere that switch would improve your white patches (sometimes that is tinea versicolor or veriligo). I often get help from a dermatologist (skin specialist) to sort out the options and the likely causes. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Vaginal Fluid How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Are White Bumps On Penis A Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Dry Mouth An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Sore On Penis An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.