Bio-alcamid safe for facial wasting?

Have you heard of bio-alcamid? I know someone who just had a treatment in Mexico to correct his facial wasting, and he looks fantastic. Is it safe? How long will it last for? I've spoken to a cosmetic doctor about fillers, but they don't last any longer than 6 months. Thanks for your time.

Anecdotal result with that product have been OK but there is little safety data or long term outcome data published. A good link comparing some of the treatments for facial wasting is available at http://www.natap.org/2003/march/032803_1.htm The treatments seem to cost in the $3-5,000 range. Nu-fill is now approved in the US and probably has the most extensive published experience (though still comparatively limited). I have had some of my patients get Nu-Fill treatments with reasonable results. I have had no patients receive Bio-alcamid treatment so I can't comment from any personal experience. KH

bloating with sustiva/combivir
a big mistake?