Trizivir and norvir

Hi doctor! Here is my current lab result:CD4 175,percetage 20 but VL not tested. I want to start treatment with Trizivir and norvir. What I want to know is that: 1,Should I start together at once or first with Trizivir for some months and then to add Norvir? 2, how many tablets each of it I need per day? Take care, Dav.

That is a somewhat unusual combination these days unless you live in an area where other protease inhibitors are not available. I don't advise starting Trizivir alone. I often start 4 drugs at once with a boosted PI being one of them (such as Kaletra or boosted atazanavir or fosamprenavir). The Trizivir is one pill twice a day. Full dose Norvir is 6 tabs twice a day (tough for many/most patients to tolerate). KH

HIV and the Colon - Polypss
Next Treatment??!!