hiv med rash

i was diagnosed 5 months ago..with a cd4 count of 261 and a viral load of 204,000...my doctor put me on sudtiva and combivir, but with in 7-10 days i broke out into a rash. He took me off these and put me on a combivir/reyataz combo... with the same results in 7-10 days. He then took me off of meds for two weeks and put me on a viread/lexiva/videx combo with the same results...what suggestions might you have on what i may be able to take that may not incur a rash??? Is there a test that might pinpoint what drugs might cause these problems???

That is unusual. I would wonder whether you have some form of immune reconstitution skin disorder--I would get help from a dermatologist to see if there is an underlying skin condition/infection that is flaring up with treatment. Some patients do have a high tendency to get rashes on a variety of drugs which can be hard to prove exactly why. I sometimes use steroids and antihistamines to get through the initial several weeks and monitor very carefully. KH

Roche Amplicor 1.5 versus Chiron bDNA
HIV and the Colon - Polypss