"Pain Control/Long Term"

I have been on a regular regiment of pain medication for a number of years now and I am concerned about what these drugs do to the body. I am on oxycodone(5mg/325,1-every 2-3hrs), and neurontin(400mg, 1 every 2-3hrs). I am not on any HIV meds yet, my cd-4/under 100), viral/700,000 I am on acyclovir(prevent shingles) other than that I am on mostly pain meds and my concern is the long term side effects? It took a lot of tries to find meds(pain meds) that worked(allergic reactions, etc.) This combination "oxy/neur" works for the pain but, I have started thinking about how many years I have been on them and I was curious. Am I over thinking this? Concerned in N.Y.

I have had numerous patients on long-term oxycodone and Neurontin without obvious problems. The oxycodone is addictive but in the face of pain that is usually an easy decision to continue the meds. Your HIV situation sounds like it needs attention-have you seen an HIV specialist to discuss treatment options? Most of the HIVs are OK to take with your pain meds. KH

Hormone Blockers To Fight Lypodystropy
Timing