I would like a simpler life.

Hello, I have been taking Crixivan, Zerit, and Epivir for 7 years now. My T-cell count has remained in the 400 range for 3 years now, and the virus count in undetectable. I also have to take Niaspan and Tricor for triglycerides. I am also on a calcium blocker for my blood pressure. As you can see I'm on a lot of meds. Can someone suggest a simpler regimen? I find myself losing track on occasion. I also would like to stop taking the Zerit, because of the wasting I've experienced.

That was a regimen I used alot in 1997 or so and now have almost no patient on it due to comlexity , side effects, and simpler options. What options you have depends on your prior treatment history. resistance situation, and your experience in tolerating prior drugs. For many patients a switch off D4T and Crixivan to a similar drug is often successful. Your HIV specialist would be the best person to review the options with you. KH

Does Sustiva eventually feel better?
When can resistance tests be run?