Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

melanoma

Present, stable regimen is Viread, Emtriva, Viramune. VL is undetectable and CD4s stable at 300 (19%). No history of OI's, but long course of HIV infection (>20 years). Now, because of melanoma, I will have to add to my HIV regimen interferon, IL-2, or hyrdroxyurea. What interactions can I expect from each of those drugs?

Each of those medications can have a host of side effects on their own. They generally would get along OK with your HIV meds but would not be easy for many patients to take. Common side effects from interferon includes anemia, depression, flu-like symptoms, loss of appetite and nausea/vomiting and many more. For the interleukin most patients get a flu like syndrome during the dosing periods and can have numerous other problems necessitating careful monitoring. For the hydroxyruea, bone marrow suppression in the major concern but GI complaints, loss of appetite, and many other symptoms can be experienced by patients. KH

Fat Deposits and Kidney Ultrasound
facial skin condition