Oct 6, 2004
How long will the side effect last. I am having HORRIBLE depression after being on sustiva. Any idea?
Response from Dr. Henry
When I took Sustiva for one month after a needlestick injury I felt out of sorts for the whole month. Studies and experience has shown that most patients experience their worst Sustiva side effects in the first 4 weeks and then things improve. In my experience maybe 10-25% of patients have continued very annoying side effects that prompt consideration of an alternative drug. I often will give another psycho-tropic (anti anxiety, sleep or antidepressant) for a short while to help get through the often challenging start up period (which drug I suggest depends on the patients particular problems). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Anal Sex Top Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Touching Sperm Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hep B With A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.