Angiolipoma related to HIV?

I've been growing a painful lump for the last several years (about 8). I went to a couple of dermatologists about it - they all said it was a cyst and not to worry about it. The pain became so bad that I demanded it's removal (before I gouged it out myself) and it turned out to be an angiolipoma (explaining the pain). I'm relieved that it is benign - but wonder if it has anything to do with HIV or Medications? I didn't notice it until I'd been treated with HAART for a few years (at the age of 28 - now I'm 36 and have been on a wide variety of Meds). If it matters - my viral load is undetectable and my CD4's range from 350 to 450. Thank you --

Response from Dr. Conway

An angiolipoma is simply a benign lipoma (accumulation of subcutaneous fat) that happens to have bllod vessles in it (the "angio" part!!!). As you point out, the presence of the blood vessels often causes pain. The definitive treatment is to have them removed (as you have done). That's it.

Although it would be tempting to link such a lesion to the lipodystrophy-type syndromes associated with HIV or its treatment, no one has linked them yet, especially if the lesion is isolated, as yours seems to be.

emtriva side effects
Switching treatment