emtriva side effects

I was diagnosed positive in May, 2002. currently on this drug regimen: Emtriva, Lexiva and Viread, with Norvir as a boost. Norvir and Lexiva, the dosage is split day and night time. However, when I take my daytime dosage (Emtriva, Lexiva, Viread and Norvir) with food, within thirty minutes I'm running to the bathroom with soft stool. I found out, one day I took Lexiva at night with Emtriva and Norvir and had no problems. My question is whether I can take Lexiva at night or do I need to take it with the daytime combination of drugs? Viral load is undetectable and white blood cell count was above 700. thank you.

Response from Dr. Conway

The regimen that you are taking can be consumed as a once daily combination, which would be only 6 pills. You can take it all together at night if you wish. This may well help alleviate the side effects, as I wonder if the soft stool you are having is due to the meal that you are consuming in the morning, rather than the medications. Why don't you give it a try, since this is a regimen that is working so well for you.

Avoiding Long term Side Effects
Angiolipoma related to HIV?