trizivir and impuissance

my partner is HIV and he is taking Trizivir since a couple of week. On the last month sex is very difficult between us, since he suffers about impuissance.. he starts well but in the middle of our activity is going down...there is any connection in your opinion with the use of Trizivir ? thank you a lot P.

I assume you are talking about impotence or problems maintaining an erection. Trizivir rarely is associated with that problem. Often, concern about HIV, general side effects, worry about transmitting HIV to a partner-all can contribute from the emotional/pscyhologic standpoint to problems with sexual performance. Sometimes low testosterone levels or side effects from non-HIV drugs play a role. Rarely in my experience has any one of the 3 drugs in Trizivir been pinpointed as the sole cause of impotence (though it has happened a few times necessitating a trial and error approach toward switching drugs around). His HIV specialist is usually the best person to evaluate the problem. KH

Red Spot appearing in eye
Really dry skin problem