Red Spot appearing in eye

Hello docs. I have been hiv pos for 10yrs and have been on many meds which has resulted in alot of resistance over the years.

I am currently on Videx, Saquinavir, Viread, Epivir, Kaletra, Fuzeon, Acyclovir, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Trazsodone (for sleeping) Androgel, Vicodin, Ibuprofen, and oxandrin.

This morning i woke up and noticed a red dot on the bottom half of my left eyeball. It dosen't seem to change ny vision but i am worried it might be some sort of clot.I have never had this happen before and there were no signs leading up to it, like itching or sorness.

Any idea what this is and what might be causing it.

Thank you.

Sometimes people spontaneously develop a sub-conjunctival hematoma (a small blood vessel leaks blod out under the saran wrap covering of the eye ball) that looks scary but usually is not serious. Evaluation by your HIV doc or eye specialist is still advised to make sure nothing else (such as infection or a new bleeding problem) has developed. KH

jorston
trizivir and impuissance