Should I switch from successful 7 year regimen?

I was diagnosed in 1997 with 156 T cells and viral load of 7,000. I started on Crixivan and Combivir immediately and have had roughly 400-600 T cells and undetectable viral ever since. My side effects have been minimal but I am growing tired of the eating restrictions around Crixivan. My doctor has recommended I switch to Lexiva and Norvir, keeping the Combivir. I've always tended to be conservative, wanting to keep as many options available as long as possible. I feel I shouldn't be fixing something that isn't broken. Will this switch affect or decrease my future options? Is it best to make a switch like this when I am not resistant to the Crixivan? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Conway

You already say that you are getting tired of the diet restrictions of Crixivan. Single drug switches in the setting of an undetectable viral load are commonly done to simplify therapy and enhance long-term adherence. As long as the switch is done while the load is undetectable, this does not limit future options and may actually enhance the longevity of the the regimen.

It's a bit broken, so you might think of this "minor" fix...

how long and sustiva
hard lipo please answer me !