For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Re: Subtypes

Dear Dr Conway,

Thank you for your email.

I have asked the the Doctor at the research council in my country and he will do the test for direct sequencing of the virus. Thanks.

I just need to know, since I am on medication and the virus is undetectable, will the direct sequencing test still work or will I need to stop the meds? I dont want to stop the meds cause if I am infected , I do not want to start getting resistance.

Response from Dr. Conway

The direct sequencing test may not work on your plasma sample, since there may not be enough virus around to sequence. He could easily do it on the cells in your blood. Make sure he knows you are on treatment and that your viral load is undetectable, if this is the case.

Sustiva/Truvada Combo
Painful Fat Loss in Feet