Sep 26, 2004
Dear Dr Conway,
Thank you for your email.
I have asked the the Doctor at the research council in my country and he will do the test for direct sequencing of the virus. Thanks.
I just need to know, since I am on medication and the virus is undetectable, will the direct sequencing test still work or will I need to stop the meds? I dont want to stop the meds cause if I am infected , I do not want to start getting resistance.
| Response from Dr. Conway
The direct sequencing test may not work on your plasma sample, since there may not be enough virus around to sequence. He could easily do it on the cells in your blood. Make sure he knows you are on treatment and that your viral load is undetectable, if this is the case.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Mouth After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.