haart and heart/dry skin

Can haart cause heart palpitations and dry skin on knuckles.On August 01,2004 I started sustiva, viread and emtriva after a 3 yr holiday.Now my skin on knuckles is dry and I can feel my heart beat fast a few times evry hour or so. I've had low level anxiety while off meds so I don;t think it;s related to that. ANy ideas? All labs are normal and cd4 is 400 and vl is 210 on it's way down to <50 I hope. ANy ideas?? Thanks,Luke

I have noticed that many patients note dryer skin on HAART regimens (though the regimen you are on has not been one of the common ones eliciting that complaint in my experience). The fast heart beat observation is noteworthy though again not a common complaint with your regimen. Sustiva can cause a wide range of nervous system symptoms that could relate to a fast heart rate. I would want a patient of mine to let me know about that symptom so that I could do a good cardiac examination/evaluation. KH

Injection reaction a given fact?
Death and Viral Load