Painful veins

I am on Trasavier (sp?) and vired (sp?). In the last month or so I have noticed the veins in my legs and enlarged, close the the skin and painful. What can be done?

You need to have a good evaluation to see if you have any evidence of blood clots or other problems that could be causing the veins to enlarge. Sometimes that is due to fat loss in the surrounding skin which puts the veins in relief and they can looke enlarged and are more sensitive to bumping/contact. Your HIV regimen can be linked to fat loss but usually is one of the regimens that is more fat friendly. Age, low CD4 count, and other factors have been linked to fat problems. Gaining fat back just in legs/arms is a majopr challenge with no easy quick answers. There are a number of studies looking at some possible treatments so the problem is getting some attention but the situations remains frustrating. KH

sustiva rash
Possible prostate/urinary tract problems HIV related?