Switching treatment

Iam on 3tc,kelatra, zerit and have developed lipodotrophy, now my Dr wants to put me on Novir and imvarase. How are those drugs and what side effects should I expect?

Norvir and Invirase are both protease inhibitors (like Kaletra) and in fact are sometimes use with Kaletra (which already contains the ritonavir). There has been renewed interest in using HIV regimens which omit NRTIs or the thymidine analog NRTIs (such as zerit-D4T or AZT) in order to perhaps avoid some of the problems possibly due to mitochondrial toxicity. Data is still limited on the success of that appraoch but it has worked in some patients. KH

Being tired
Viral suppression-Virus strength & Drug holiday