Sep 22, 2004
| Response from Dr. Henry
Norvir and Invirase are both protease inhibitors (like Kaletra) and in fact are sometimes use with Kaletra (which already contains the ritonavir). There has been renewed interest in using HIV regimens which omit NRTIs or the thymidine analog NRTIs (such as zerit-D4T or AZT) in order to perhaps avoid some of the problems possibly due to mitochondrial toxicity. Data is still limited on the success of that appraoch but it has worked in some patients. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
- Picture Of Sexually Transmitted Disease Symptoms
- Symptoms Of Hepatitis Vomit
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.