treatment fee

Dear Dr. Conway,

I am Canadian citizen, I recently tested + I recently graduated from University, I am unemployed I don't have private insurance. My question is rearding HIV treatment fee in Canada. In my case how much does government cover and how much % I have to pay in Canada for HIV medications in a month or a year?

Thank you very much !

Response from Dr. Conway

It varies from one province to another. The public health care system always picks up a substantial part of the cost, usually all of it in persons who have no means of affording a co-payment that is imposed to say, fully employed individuals. In some provinces (such as British Columbia), there is no co-payment of any kind. The key point here is that, in our country, it would be difficult for someone who needs treatment to not get access to it. It may just require some paperwork to be done...

please post
MIRACLE?