ACHING FEET

RE ACETYL L CARNITINE

i have taken ddi & d4t over 10 yrs ago & since then had neuropathy in feet,just stiff, not too bad, until last year when it got worse; i tried amiltryptiline, patches & neurontin, without help; so i took morphine which killed the pain , but trying to lower it and now i am starting alc, seeing the results of the study of dr youle of london, which gave good results; whats your experience with this product in the us?? any info welcome also from patients having neuropathy; my email is dukmenen@hotmail.com thks herb in belgium

The results you mentioned were recently published in AIDS from a pilot study using I believe 1500 mg acetyl L carnitine. I have only had a few patients take that drug at that dose so I cannot comment from my personal experience. There was no control group so the study should be viewed as a pilot study that needs to be confirmed. The ACTG in the US is doing a dose rangeing study I think which starts at 500 mg BID up to 1500 mg BID. There is also a prosaptide 0 study in the US and a high strength topical capsaicin study that are open or soon to open. Stopping offending meds and getting evaluated for other contributing factors is also wise. It is encouraging to see some new and possibly effective treatments being evaluated for HIV related peripheral neuropathy. KH

Anti-HIV effect of Statins?
Neck aggravation, dizziness