What to do?

Dear Mr. Cornway,sorry for my bad english,I am from Germany. I have a big problem.After a risk I had symptoms,thats why I tested about a long time.I have pain in arms/legs and other problems I never had before .I have done 12 elisa-tests about 20 months and after 5,7 and 10 months I have done a dna-pcr for subtype 1 and 2.All 15 tests were neg.My t-cells are cd4 960 and 40%,cd4/cd8 1,9-but cd19 are a little bit deep.But my symptoms and pain dont go.What can I do?You know about people,who tested neg. with elisa AND pcr about such a long time and later pos.? When you know about,what a test detect it?Should I take a westernblottest?Please answer me ,it is a very bad time for me and my family.What can I do? Thank you from Germany.

Response from Dr. Conway

I fully understand your concerns. However, given all the tests you have done, I would conclude that you do not need to worry about HIV infection, as long as you have not had a recent possible exposure to HIV. In the cases where the tests do not all confirm that HIV is present, there is almost always one of the tests (CD4 count, ELISA, viral load) that shows some evidence that something is wrong. In your case, all these values are normal, so I would move on. I really hope you are able to figure out what is going on.

Bdna Viral load
Anti-HIV effect of Statins?