Oxandrin to treat lypodystrophy?

I have been Positive for 12 years, current meds are Kaletra, Rescriptor, and Viread. VL undetectable and T cell 500. Having mild body dysmorphia (neck and waist section), to counter these effects my doctor has prescribed Oxandrine. He indicated that the treatment of choice is HGH, but due to it's prohibitive cost Oxandrine would be second option. In your opion, what can I expect to gain from this treatment and how long before I see results?

Anabolic steroids often work best if combined with exercise and a high protein diet. Growth hormone has only been approved for use in AIDS wasting usually in the setting of advanced AIDS and poor control of HIV replication/low CD4 counts. Growth hormone is being studied for use in fat increases in abdomen and neck. The long term safety of oxandrin in this setting is not well described. Some patients do OK with testosterone replacement if they have mid range or low testosterone levels. KH

Would This Be a Good Combo?
Can HIV+ get sex change?