Statin

Dear Dr What statin should i ask for. I was given Crestor but after 3 weeks my liver enzymes were higher than usual, so I stopped taking them. Can you give me a list of what Statins to ask my local Dr (He's not that hiv savvy)for Statins that do not effect the liver somewhat, . My chlolestrol is quite high so I need to get this issue addressed. I do eat very sensible, no fatty foods, plenty of fish-veg-fruit-lean-white meet-gym 3 x times a week and have been doing this for years. I am also on a cholestrol freindly combo of 3tc,nav,abac even though my cholestrol was normal before taking meds. Thanks for you answer your advice will certainly help.

I assume you have tried diet and exercise. There is most experience with Pravastatin and Atorvastatin. Fenobibrate is often added to decrease trigycerides. Niacin and fish oil are otehr options. The ACTG (AIDS Clinical Trials Group) has a fish oil study open and soon a statin + ezetimibe study in the US. KH

Can I survive this rash?
Memory Loss, Stumbling, Nodding off