Both Poz; neither on meds yet; Genotypes similiar

Doctors:

Both my lover and I tested positive within the last year and an half. As of now, our T-cells are still high and the viral loads are manageable. We have both had genotyping done and both came back that we are not resistant to any drugs. We only play with one another. I have read your other posts are about re-infections, however, they all appear to mention POZ guys who are on meds or were on meds at some point. Is the danger of re-infection lower since we are both not on meds and the genotypes were very close?

Curious Poz Couple

Response from Dr. Conway

This is a very intriguing question. It may still be that, without any treatment, your viruses may acquire resistance on their own by spontaneous mutation. One of you may acquire this more quickly and transmit it to the other. Quite apart from resistance, there are other genetic changes that can occur in the virus to make it more dangerous, and these too could be passed from the partner who got them first to the other. It remains important to "play safe"...

PMMA in Brazil
methadone & HIV & liver