Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

whats in my cheeks??
Mar 22, 2001

It is said that thrush is located on the tongue, gum, and in the cheeks.

I have an unremovable white nerve-likes bet. inside my cheeks (plus white coating on my whole tongue, red red tonsils, heavy veins (color black,violet,red) in my lower inside lips and lower tongue muscle and thinning of my gums). This white nerve-likes and my mouth in general has no soreness or irritations at all but during waking up in the morning, some of its white parts (like white sticky paste) sticks on my gum, lower and upper inside lips which are removable. (I got these 5 days after the "9 days burning &aching sensation on my half body" (i think its ARS) )... presently, im 57 days after the exposure. The symptoms hasn't cure itself, instead getting little progression w/ my lower & uppper back aching during waking up.

Are my descriptions above could be thrush in the cheeks?? what is it??

When thrush is on the gum, what is it look like??

Hope your kind reply and posting in this forum the soonest. Than you.John

Response from Dr. Young

Thrush can be a part of acute retroviral syndrome, however, from what you describe, I have a very low suspicion. Thrush typically occurs in multiple circular or oval patches on the tongue, cheeks, gums or roof of the mouth. The patches usually can be scraped off.

Unremovable white lesions on the cheek can be a variety of things, usually local minor trauma (biting your cheek, for example), local infections (after biting your cheek; herpes), if chronic, can be the tell-tale of chronic smoking-related injury or even malignancies.

If in doubt, I'd advise medical evaluation. Good luck -BY

Previous
Hypogonadism
Next
What combo next

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.