vl and cd 4 testing
Sep 3, 2004
My first test was back in april and my vl was 172,000 and cd4 685, then i took another test in july of this year my vl was 91,781 and cd4 was 685,I am going to have another set of testing done 1st week of september, now with the last test in july would i be soon considering starting treatment.
Response from Dr. Henry
Most current guidelines don't recommend starting HIV therapy if the CD4 count is > 350. A persistently high viral load (> 100000), symptoms, a pregnancy--there are situations where treatment is a good idea. If you were recently infected your viral load may be fluctuating quite a bit-it usually settles into somewhat of a set level (the viral "setpoint" after 6 months or so). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Black Spots After Touching Dried Blood Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.