Gas

Hello, I am on Kaletra and combivir now since last Nov. Everyday like clockwork I start to get VERY bloated and full of painful gas around 6 to 7pm. I take my meds at 9am and 9pm each day and night.....Why am I getting so much gas at this time. I am thinking of asking to be switched off of kaletra because of this. I have been tested for many things on my stomach..nothing.... I am also getting lots of veins in my arms and legs...and have lost 20lbs in the last 3 months. Can this be the kaletra..and should I start taking Human growth hormones..I am 5 9 and 155lbs now..in the last year I have lost 40lbs total

Gas is fairly common with Kaletra (less so with Combivir) so consideratio nof a switch to another effective drug with perhaps less GI side effects (depending on your treatment history-resistance picture) is a consideration (Sustiva or ritonavir-atazanvir often considered in this type of situation). Your weight loss needs to be evaluated. Growth hormone does not lipoatrophy (loss of fat arms/legs and face). A hormone and nutrition assessment as well as a medical evaluation should be considered. KH

HIV meds and DVT - relationship?
Hiv and joint pain