Tired all the time

I recently read a comment from someone who was on Sustiva and was tired all the time and switched to Reyataz and his energy level was boosted. I have been on Sustiva for six years and my energy level has also been low. I never associated Stustiva with fatigue. Have you found Sustiva to cause fatigue in patients? Would it be a good idea for me to switch to Reyataz to see if it could help. I am doing well on Sustiva but really am tired of being tired all the time.

A small subset of patients doing well on Sustiva may have persistent fatigue due to the Sustiva. If there is no history of drug resistance/treatment failure then switching medications and observing whether the fatigue improves is an option. There are many other conditions that can contribute to fatigue (hormone deficiencies, poor sleep patterns, depression, anemia, inactive lifestyle, etc) that need to be considered as well. KH

Time to Start Treatment?
Truvada