drug screening test??

First of all I'll start by saying I love this website! It's very informative. My question is during the hiring process when applying for a new job, some employers require a drug screening test which includes a urine specimen and/or a blood test.While not letting my new employer know that I'm HIV+, do you know if the drug screening test will detect HIV medications in the urine and/or blood? Will the HIV medications produce a false positive test result for narcotics or cocaine or whatever drugs they test for when the random drug screening test is performed? I'm a little worried about it and your advice will help. By the way, I don't do recreational drugs. Thank you in advance for your insight.

Response from Dr. Conway

I am aware of some anecdotal reports that some HIV drugs can give a false positive result for some recreational drugs, but this has never been proven in a systematic way.

As far as surreptituously testing for HIV in the urine or any other samples, this cannot be done without informed consent in Canada, and I suspect the same is true in many other countries, such as the United States. If you do not live in Canada, I would suggest you find this out before submittting a pre-employment specimen of any kind, and then make a decision regarding whether you will submit a sample accordingly.

Hiv and joint pain
Lipo friendly?