Replication capacity

what's replication capacity and how can this be tested? Has this become an important part of HIV care??? Can you explain. I have been infected with HIV for 15 years and this is the first I heard of this.

Replication capacity refers to the ability of a person's virus to grow in comparison to a standard reference strain (related to viral fitness). The only way to get a replication capacity commercially is through the Virologics resistance panel (costs around $850). It is of research interest at present and has not yet shown to be clearly helpful in the management of individual patients. KH

rashes come and go
Testrone not helping the love life need hard answers