about Truvada

Dear Dr:

I am sorry I did not ask you my question more specific.

what I want to know is when do you think Truvada will available in Canada?

Thank you !

Response from Dr. Conway

As some of you may know, Truvada received approval in the United States on August 2, 2004. Truvada will probably be made available for some clinical trials in Canada this year, but there is no definite word on when the combination pill will be made available for sale.

The individual components of Truvada (emtricitabine and tenofovir) are already available in Canada. However, I would expect that funding agencies (i.e. the provincial formularies) would want us to use lamivudine and tenofovir instead of emtricitabine and tenofovir, due to cost issues.

Staying Sexy on Meds? help...
How does PN progress?