painful PN

Hi,your site is great! I wrote you before about PN progression and swelling, you said it was from someting else. Indeed it was, it was Cellulitis in feet and calves. After a hospital stay and antibiotics,the swelling has gone from calves and somewhat in feet and ankles. The PN pain is still there tho, up as far as hips and groin. Have lost all balance and strength. CD4 is 235, Poz for 12 years. What progression should I expect?

HIV can cause PN as can drugs and other conditions so rate of progress varies widely. I would get a good neurologist and/or pain clinic involved for a multi-disciplinary effort to provide relief. Accupuncture and N-acetyl carnitine may help some patients as would treating all contributing conditions (diabetes) and decreasing # of possibly offending drugs if that is possible. KH

Switch from Kaletra to Lexiva?
Very painful PN