Injection reaction a given fact?

Will every person injecting Fuzeon develop a site reaction? If not, what are the approximate percentage of those that do? Thanks.

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Not everyone receiving Fuzeon develops injection site reactions (ISRs). The official rate of ISRs from the two key key clinical studies of Fuzeon are as follows:

- 98% of people in the initial studies had at least one ISR

- Only 3% of patients discontinued Fuzeon because of ISRs

- ISRs lasted for 7+ days in 17% of patients

I've seen a full range of patient experiences with regards to ISRs. The majority of the patients that I have seen have some degree of a reaction, but rarely have I seen anything severe. Most of my patients have developed a little bit or redness at the injection site that lasts for a day or two, sometimes a small bump that also disappears pretty quickly.

There's no way to predict who will or will not develop an ISR. When and if they do develop, there's a number of things we can try to minimize them such as making sure the medication is at room temperature, injecting with the bevel of the needle down vs. up, massaging the site after injection, heat or sometimes cold applied to the injection site, sometimes using different needles than the ones supplied with the Fuzeon supply kit, topical steroid creams, etc.

I wouldn't let the possibility of ISRs scare you away from trying Fuzeon as your provider and/or nursing staff sholuld be able to work with you to minimize any potential problems.

You may want to check out some of the other areas on thebody.com regarding ISRs...

>>> http://thebody.com/fuzeon/resource/truth_main.html

>>> http://thebody.com/fuzeon/resource/truth_reactions.html

Also check out http://www.fuzeon.com/3000/3000.asp

Good luck ... let me know how you do!

--dk

Best regimen
IF ONE IS UNDETECTABLE ON COCKTAL BUT WITH SIDE EFFECTS?